[Lord of the Dead] KS end 25 mai hex & counter microgame

[Lord of the Dead]

A mighty necromancer is attacking a town. If he reaches the cemetery he will raise an undead army. Mobs of villagers stand in his way.
Lord of the Dead is a tribute to the classic hex & counter microgames from the 70s & 80s such as Chitin: I, Rivets, and Ice War. In this game, you play an evil Lord of the Dead with vast necromantic powers, or a mob of common folk and farmers who have been alerted to his approach. Your object as the Lord of the Dead is to fight your way through the village and reach the cemetery, where you can raise an undead army. Your object as the townsfolk is to stop the villain from defiling your ancestral burial grounds and raising up his horrifying army.
The Lord of the Dead contains:
RULES: Basic rules, options for 3-player, creatures, or terrain, and turn details for each side.
HEX MAP: With turn summaries, stats, and trackers for health, magic, spells, & urgency.
60 TOWNSFOLK COUNTERS
22 GRAY LORD of the DEAD COUNTERS
22 BLUE LORD of the DEAD COUNTERS
12 MONSTER COUNTERS
This is version 0.98, very close to what the final product will look like.
The game is printed on 12 pt cover stock with premium gloss coating on both sides. The rules and counters are on one side, the board on the other. Simply cut out the counters with scissors or a hobby knife, add a 6-sided die, and you're ready to play! The game folds to fit the dimension limits to be mailed in a large envelope, so it ships as a letter. Because of this, you save money on shipping and international backers save the hassle of customs.
HOW TO PLAY
There are four Lords of the Dead: Necromancer, Shadow Wraith, Lich King, and Demon Lord. Each has a starting health and harvested souls. As he takes damage, his health decreases. If his health is reduced to 0, he dies. As he casts spells, his harvested souls decrease. If his harvested souls is reduced to 0, he can no longer cast spells. He can increase souls by killing townsfolk. Few of his spells trigger immediately. Instead, he keeps track of spell progress via trackers, advancing each spell turn-by-turn until it triggers. Some trigger several turns in a row, some have a one-time effect. One, Call to the Grave, turns a villager into an undead servant!
his late playtest version of the game shows the two colors for the Lord of the Dead and an army of Townsfolk. This format accomodates solo, two-player, and three-player games.
There are six types of townsfolk: Commoners, Thugs, Wise Ones, Soldiers, Foresters, and Cavalry. Each is weak, compared to the Lord of the Dead, but together they are strong. As the Lord nears the graveyard, the urgency of their mission grows. Unlike the Lord, who must bolster his ranks by killing villagers, the townsfolk automatically grow stronger each turn and are able to summon increasing amounts of reinforcements from the garrison. With judicious positioning and a bit of luck, they might stop the Lord of the Dead.
The game allows many play styles. Townsfolk can overwhelm with cheap hordes, rain missiles from afar, or attack directly. The Lord can leech the townsfolk's life to bolster his own, freeze them in place, kill them outright, or raise them as undead slaves.
Each counter has six stats: Speed (how far it can move each turn), Attack (how likely it will hit), Range (how far its attack reaches), Health (how many hits it takes to kill it), Harvested Souls (how much spell-casting power it has), and Cost (its overall value).
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/10 ... ?ref=users

Bing, pledged ! 9$, je ne prend pas un gros risque financier là ! Ca fait à peine un paquet de clopes, et je ne fume pas ! :wink:
Par conte, si une bonne âme charitable traduit les règles, je suis preneur, ça me permettra de voir si le jeu est bien ! :P

Minimaliste mais je garde un œil dessus

C'est marrant, ce jeu n'a pas l'air de passionner grand monde ici.
Personnellement, ça me fait penser à du tank on tank (que j'aime beaucoup) avec plus de variété dans les unités (de nombreuses à venir en SG) et pour nettement moins cher.
Certes, c'est du matos à découper soi-même mais un SG, largement atteignable d'ici la fin de la campagne, permettra d'avoir des pions déjà découpés. Pour 9 $ fdp inclus. :D

Gougou69 : en quelques mots : le gros méchant doit envahir le cimetière pour gagner. Il se renforce à chaque villageois tué et dispose notamment de sorts à lancer après un temps d'incantation pour certains.
Les villageois arrivent périodiquement (il faut les "acheter") et sont moins forts mais profitent d'un effet de masse. Des événements exterieurs comme des Monstres hostiles aux 2 parties peuvent intervenir dans le jeu. On peut également y jouer à 3 en mode chacun pour soi. 2 seigneurs du mal qui ont le même objectif mais ne bossent pas ensemble et les villageois qui doivent les repousser.
Les caras des intervenants sont classiques : force (obtenir un résultat égal ou sup sur 1D6 pour toucher), portée, vitesse, PV...
Certaines sont particulières comme le vol de vie, la transformation d'un villageois en squelette qui change de camp, la toile des ténèbres qui oblige la cible à passer son tour, etc.

C'est un résumé rapide hein. Je traduirai de toutes façon la règle lorsque j'aurai le temps. Au plus tard, à réception du produit. :mrgreen:

wolvii dit:C'est marrant, ce jeu n'a pas l'air de passionner grand monde ici.

Evidemment.
Le joueur de masse est devenu mangeur de plastique.
Pas de figurine, pas d'intérêt.
Bizarrement j'ai backé :)

9$ port compris ?! :shock:
Y a pas lieu d'hésiter, de par le fait !

Celui-là, il est juste énorme. Quand on voit en plus ce qui devrait être débloqué vu qu'il devrait sans trop de souci dépasser les 10k, ça laisse rêveur au niveau du rapport qualité/prix, quand même (la 1ère extension devrait tomber dès ce soir). En plus, le créateur est très sympa et discute avec tout le monde par MP. L'essence même du KS, selon moi. Backing obligatoire, oeuf corse. :D

J'aime bien le SG à 2000 backers, ça transpire l'honnêté :D

aTomm dit:
wolvii dit:C'est marrant, ce jeu n'a pas l'air de passionner grand monde ici.

Evidemment.
Le joueur de masse est devenu mangeur de plastique.
Pas de figurine, pas d'intérêt.
Bizarrement j'ai backé :)

Moi, c'est tout le contraire. M'en fiche du plastoc car je ne sais pas peindre et même si je savais, je ne prendrai pas le temps de le faire. Je préfère jouer. :D
Tous les éditeurs de jeux à base de figurines devraient proposer une version alternative (bien moins cher évidemment) avec du meeple / pion + autocollant / silhouette cartonnée selon le type de jeu. Il y a certainement un public (de pauvres :P ) pour ça aussi.
Ca ne coûte rien de rêver. :mrgreen:

Merci Wolvii pour cette petite explication de texte. J'avoue ne pas avoir lu la première ligne des règles, car mon niveau d'anglais m'oblige à déchiffrer et pas à lire, et ça me gave au dernier degré !
Je m'étais dis que je verrai bien comment ça allait se présenter par la suite, et il s'avère que ça se présente vraiment bien. J'imagine que vous avez reçu comme moi son MP dans lequel l'auteur fait part de son étonnement de l'intérêt que des non-américains portent à son jeu. Ca sonne assez sincère et ça m'a bien plu, on a vraiment l'impression de filer son pognon à un type qui s'éclate à donner le jour à son jeu. Et les SG sont aussi raisonnables qu'utiles.

Perso sur le thème j'étais pas très motivé, les pions a découper il m'a complètement perdu... Mais pour le prix c'est un projet sympa :)

Les pions vont être prédécoupés au laser via un SG qui ne saurait manquer de tomber. Et je ne te cache pas que ça m'enlève une épine du pied, vu mes capacités en bricolage en tous genres !

Gougou69 dit:Les pions vont être prédécoupés au laser via un SG qui ne saurait manquer de tomber. Et je ne te cache pas que ça m'enlève une épine du pied, vu mes capacités en bricolage en tous genres !

Maintenant je te déteste ! Bon je retournerais voir (mais je crois que le thème ca passait vraiment pas... Mais $9...)

jmt-974 dit:
Gougou69 dit:Les pions vont être prédécoupés au laser via un SG qui ne saurait manquer de tomber. Et je ne te cache pas que ça m'enlève une épine du pied, vu mes capacités en bricolage en tous genres !

Maintenant je te déteste ! Bon je retournerais voir (mais je crois que le thème ca passait vraiment pas... Mais $9...)

Hé hé !! :wink: Mais bon, 9$ quoi ! Et tu n'es pas à l'abri que ça te plaise ! :P

Pour 9$ je pense me laisser tenter. :)

Allez les mecs, 9$, c'est moins que la moitié de vos fdp sur Blood Rage 8)

Après avoir lu les regles j'ai pledgé: simple, efficace et pas cher :)
Edit: en plus l'auteur t'envoie un petit mot personnalisé en PM pour te remercier d'avoir pledgé :)

le jeu est référencé sur BGG avec forum à la clé !
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/177080/lord-dead
à l'heure actuelle :
Boardgamegeek, expansion pack, die-cuts, etc.

" Expansion Pack
We sailed right past the Expansion Pack stretch goal at $3k. I changed it up a little to reflect its current state. An engineer has been added to the townsfolk in the current playtests, as well as the previous paladin and shaman. The spells are the same, still testing Banshee Wail, Create Golem, and Haunt. And the expansion lords of the dead have shifted somewhat. The mummy wasn't turning out to be all that much fun, it really was just a slower demon prince. So instead, we have kept the vampire and pumpkinhead, and added the spectre and eldritch horror.
Die Cutting
I have every confidence that both the core game and the expansion pack die cutting stretch goals will be reached, so I've already commissioned a prototype run of the counters. I spent much of my free time today arranging that with the printer. By the close of business, I had approved the digital proofs and they gave me an estimated ship date of Monday, May 4th, which should put them on my doorstep on Friday, May 8th. I will post pics of the die cut prototypes when they arrive. There are two different types of cuts that I'm trying out, so you guys can tell me which you prefer.
Two is (Not) Better Than One
I'm on a tight weight tolerance to be able to mail these inexpensively. Letters are limited to 3.5 ounces. Any heavier and they are packages, and the postage costs 2x-3x more. I made the mistake of calculating weight based on the basic game without expansions. Two of them would be under the 3.5 ounce limit. However, the combined weight of the added zipper bag, heavier game, and expansion pack raised the weight to 3.38 ounces, including envelope. What I failed to note is that the game + expansion weighs what two basic games would. So two games + two expansions = four basic games, and that's WAY over the limit. This means it's too heavy to be a letter, which means customs forms, VAT, posting it as a package, and this project goes in the red by ~$2200. The fault is mine. I've removed the 2-for-1 goal, but as of the posting of this update, there are 360 backers who pledged with the expectation of receiving two games if we reached 2000 backers. So there will be an option on the backer survey for the first 360 backers to claim your second game. If you want it, check the box, and I will send you two as was promised at no extra charge. I invite and encourage you to choose this option if you wanted a second game, there will be no ill will at all.
Gameplay Video
I shot a gameplay video today. I played a necromancer, my older son played the townsfolk, and we played the basic game with no advanced options. I'm currently chopping and pasting and editing the video and adding in some commentary here and there to clarify things. It probably won't be finished tonight, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that I'll have it done sometime tomorrow. It's currently about 40 minutes long, which is longer than any other Lord of the Dead game I've played, but we went slow and explained our actions at every step. So hopefully that will give people a great idea of how the game plays.
UNLOCKED - 6 mil GAME BAG & 4 mil COUNTER BAGS
One way I'm able to ship this game for such a low price (I've gotten many messages asking if $9 is really the international price) by having no packaging. But for an extra $400, I can purchase some nice thick plastic zipper bags in bulk for the game, as well as smaller bags to help organize the counters after they've been cut. There will be one small bag for each faction (currently four, but may increase with stretch goals).
UNLOCKED - RULES PREVIEW
I'll post the rules here for everyone to check out.
UNLOCKED - MATERIAL UPGRADE
The game will now be printed on semi-gloss 14pt, a thicker cover stock than I used in prototypes and playtests.
UNLOCKED - PRINT & PLAY
I'll modify the files to fit 8.5"x11" paper instead of 22"x8.5" and post the modified files for free download. This way fans can print replacements, extra copies for friends or as reference, etc.
UNLOCKED - DIGITAL EXPANSION
I was going to do these as separate goals. But there's no reason they can't be one goal. If I'm going to do one, I want to do them all. So I've wrapped them all up into a single digital expansion instead.
Paladin: A townsfolk who cancels one of the lord's spells when he hits. This guy was so frustrating in playtesting, especially when he canceled out those spells that take three turns to cast.
Shaman: A townsfolk unit who summons and controls monsters
Engineer: A veteran of siege warfare, his bombs are powerful ... but can be deadly if mishandled.
Haunt: A spell that renders a building unable to be occupied by the townsfolk. This is especially handy for those pesky fortified buildings where forester's like to hide and take full advantage of their marksmanship.
Create Golem: A powerful spell that attempts to kill two townsfolk and create an hulking amalgamation of their bodies. Golems may be the recipient of a lord's beneficial spell effects, but may also become controlled by a shaman
Banshee Wail: An area of effect spell
Vampire: A mid-level lord whose basic attack heals him
Pumpkin Head: I haven't decided on this guy yet, but I love the idea of a Jack-o'-lantern-headed Halloween spook
UNLOCKED: DIE CUT COUNTERS
All of the counters in the basic game will be laser die cut! That means you can punch & play, if you've got a 6-sided die handy. The prototypes are estimated to ship to me on May 4th, which means they'll arrive here around May 8th. I'll post pics of them when they arrive.
UNLOCKED: LORD of the DEAD EXPANSION SET
The expansion set will become a physical product, with all the rules necessary for the new lords, spells, townsfolk, and anything else that makes it into the expansion. And it will be mailed to you along with the basic Lord of the Dead game without any increase in your pledge. The digital expansion will remain available as print & play.
$8100: DIE-CUT LORD of the DEAD EXPANSION
Just as described. All of the counters in the expansion set will be laser die cut at no additional cost to you. You'll still get both the basic game and the expansion set, printed and with die-cut counters, in poly zipper bags (and with enough little bags to separate the different counters by faction), all mailed to you for $8 US or $9 international.
$????: UPGRADED ARTWORK
The artwork on all the counters will be upgraded. This is one of the less popular stretch goals, so I'll work on this one later and figure out where it fits financially.

Vidéo d'une partie :
part one : https://d2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.net/a ... 4_high.mp4
part two : https://d2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.net/a ... 4_high.mp4

Là le gars se sort vraiment les tripes pour essayer de satisfaire les backers. Il avoue être un peu effrayé par un succès qu'il n'a pas vu venir (900$ de demandé, 5722 reçus au moment où j'écris, et pour un truc à 9$ ! Et il reste 21 jours de campagne). Il vient de contacter un dessinateur pro pour refaire les graphismes des SG de 9200 et 10200$ et l'a payé d'avance. En gros, si les SG ne sont pas atteints, il l'a bien profond. Et il nous annonce même que lui et sa femme vont manger des pâtes toute la semaine parce qu'il n'a plus une thune jusqu'à ce que sa paye tombe. Ce qui ne l'empêche pas de bosser sur le pack de scénarios et le mode solo.